The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Global Dow

The Global Dow began today. Among it's features:
- Stocks selected by senior editors of the Wall Street Journal in 3 major global regions
- Contains 150 stocks weighted equally
- All 30 Dow industrial's are included, as well as some from the DJ Transportation and Utility averages
- Covers both developed and emerging markets
- includes companies from emerging sectors (alternative energy)
- a list of the holdings are here
- fluctuates closely to the DJ Wilshire Global -- 0.99 correlation over three years (underweight in the Americas; 42% vs. 46%, greater emphasis on Europe; 32% vs. 27%, Asia/Pacific is slightly heavier; 21% vs. 20%
- Within 10 major industries it is underweight by nearly 4% in Financials, 0.6 of a point in Oil & Gas and 0.4 in Telecommunications. It is slightly overweight in most of the remaining seven. Technology is the biggest with its weight of 10.4% being 1.4 percentage points more than in the DJ Wilshire Global.
- Through Oct. 31, it is down 42.16% on a total return basis, compared with 40.69% for the DJ Wilshire Global

No comments: