The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Sunday, October 11, 2009

to watch this week

What I'll be looking for this coming OPEX week.
FCX has been having a strong go at it, but there's some overhead resistance looming at the $77-$80 level, not to mention the gap just below $90.So, things look a bit extended at this point (but what doesn't anymore?). The upper keltner channel lines up with the even $77 level, so watch for selling if price makes it up to that area this week. However, the first hurdle FCX has to overcome is the $75 level. So, we may get some selling on Monday at this level, provided it doesn't just drop from where it is now. I would be looking for a downside move back to at least the 50-EMA (on the 30-min chart) which would coincide with the most recent gap ($73).
POT has been floundering of late. Just look at the weekly:But what you may not be able to pick out on the weekly can be better viewed on the daily:I'm looking to sell any pullbacks in POT.
USO, just look at the weekly and daily:
I'm thinking the bottom line here is, buy the dips!
Also, keep an eye on the Transportation sector, as they seem to be leading market behavior, watch for a lower high.And finally, pay attention to the financial sector if it begins to approach the $15.50 mark.

No comments: