The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Wednesday, July 1, 2009

ugly

Another thin volume day with some incredibly ugly behavior throughout the day. Starting with a gap and run in the morning, within a half-hour we sold off 90% of the opening range, only to continue higher. Chart below looks like a big 'ol cup w. handle doesn't it?While the 30-min looks like in inverse head and shoulders
While the daily is still holding together it's Head & Shoulders patternWell, I'm certainly confused. It's like tracking a horse that's wearing it's shoes backwards. It kinda feels like the last of the bulls are holding out on their positions to get solid confirmation as to a direction. A lot of charts look like they're in limbo...
AAPL, double-top, but could get upside impulseSame with GOOG, but getting close to a Head & Shoulders neckline
This flag on RIMM is getting a little long in the tooth
GS has a double-top thing going for it right now, provided it doesn't get an upside breakout impulse:Oil, via USO, looks to have broken a Head & Shoulders pattern, complete with retrace back to the neckline
Here's OIH, with a bearish top divergence and neckline breach looking imminent:
TLT actually looks like it strengthened up

No comments: